Orange Marinated Flank Steak with Pineapple Corn Salsa| Omaha Steaks
(Serves: 3-5 people)
Orange and Oregano Marinade
1 – 20. oz Omaha Steaks Beef Flank Steak
- 1 ½ cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 shallots sliced, medium thickness
- 10 sprigs of fresh oregano
- 1 orange cut into rounds (seeds removed)
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
2. Pour the marinade into a bowl or dish large enough to hold the steak.
3. Place the steak in, turning several times to coat well with the marinade and then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
4. Let marinate for 4-6 hours.
Pineapple Corn Salsa
Ingredients: (makes 4 cups)
- 1 ripe pineapple, cleaned and sliced into half-inch rings leaving center core.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 ears of fresh corn with husks left on
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, cut into half-inch slices
- 3 limes, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly coat all grilling ingredients with olive oil.
2. On a greased hot grill, add the pineapple, red bell pepper, corn, red onion, and jalapeño peppers.
3. Once all are grilled to your liking, remove from grill and let cool.
4. Cut the pineapple into large dice, discard the core.
5. Peel and seed the red pepper and cut into uniform strips.
6. Shuck the corn and slice off the kernels from the cob.
7. Cut the red onion into a medium dice.
8. Peel the jalapeño peppers, remove the seeds and roughly chop.
9. In a large bowl, add the lime juice and extra virgin olive oil.
10. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine.
11. Season with salt and pepper to taste and chill in the refrigerator.
12. Just before serving, add the chopped cilantro.
1. Remove the marinating steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling.
2. Pat the flank steak dry and season well with Omaha Steaks Steak Seasoning.
3. Reserve the sliced oranges to grill along with the steaks.
4. Cook steak to your proper doneness and remove from grill to rest.
5. Slice the steak across the grain and plate, accompanied by the pineapple corn salsa. Serve the Orange Marinated Flank Steak immediately!