Vanilla Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!
Summer vacation is the perfect time to create and share culinary memories with children.
I share with you my fun summertime Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes that children will adore!
So, let those kids roll up their sleeves and have some fun!
Vanilla Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes (Makes 12)
- 2 1/2 cups (390g) – All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. – Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. – Salt
- 16 Tbs. (2 sticks/250g) – Butter (unsalted)
- 1 3/4 cups (440g) – Sugar
- 4 – Eggs
- 1 Tbs. – Vanilla extract
- 2/3cup (160ml) – Milk
- Extra softened butter for greasing the molds
- Extra flour for dusting the molds
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcake Mold
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven
- Preheat to 325F (165C )
- Grease the mold with the softened butter
- Dust with flour and tap out the excess
- Sift the flour,baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat the butter on medium speed using the paddle attachment for about 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy (5 more minutes)
- Scrape down bowl occasionally
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add a little at a time to the butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix one minute more
- Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in three additions alternating with the milk and ending with the flour.
- Stop mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides in between additions, if necessary.
- Divide the batter in half. Spoon one half of the batter evenly into the prepared molds.
- Gently tap the pan to level batter in the baking pan.
- Bake until the cupcakes are light and golden. They are ready when a toothpick inserted into them comes out clean. ( 20-30 minutes)
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Then invert the pan onto the wire rack and gently lift off. The cupcakes should slide out.
- Wash and dry pan well. Grease and flour again to bake remaining batter
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting them.
Ingredients: ( makes about 4 cups )
6 cups (750g) – Confectioners’ sugar (sifted)
16 Tbs. ( 2 sticks/250g ) unsalted butter
4 1/2 Tbs. ( 750ml ) milk, plus more is needed
2 tsp. – Vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. – Salt
Food coloring optional
- Place the butter at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to starting the recipe.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment on low speed, beat together the sugar,butter, milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix for about one minute. Scrape down the sides, as necessary.
- Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes more.
- Add food coloring, if using, to obtain your desired color. Beat well until no streaks remain, about 30 seconds more.
- If frosting is too dry, add more milk, 1 tsp. at a time.
- Should be creamy but still hold a firm peak.
- Place frosting in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.