Roman Burgers are quick to make! The seasonings and feta cheese that are mixed into the ground beef add a truly delicious touch, by creating a fantastic depth of flavor when cooked over an open flame.
The fennel coleslaw is truly a perfect accompaniment for this burger. It moistens the burger, delivers a fresh and lively flavor while adding an extra element of Mediterranean flavors. Absolutely refreshing and delicious!
Ingredients: Roman Burger
• 4 pounds Omaha Steaks ground beef
• 2 teaspoons dried basil
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 Tablespoon salt
• 1 Tablespoon fine ground black pepper
• 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
To make: Roman Burger
1. Mix all ingredients well.
2. Divide into 12 6-ounce portions.
3. Shape into a ½ inch thick patty.
4. Make a small tester, cook-off and taste for seasoning, adjust if necessary.
5. Grill until proper doneness is achieved.
Ingredients: Fennel Slaw
• 3 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
• 3/4 cup sour cream
• 3/4 cup yogurt
• 3 Tablespoons fresh mint
• 3 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 garlic clove, finely minced
• salt and pepper, to taste
Grilled Roman Burgers for Your 4th of July!
Procedure: Fennel Slaw Topping
1. Combine all the ingredients
2. Let marinate for a few hours. Serve chilled on top of Roman Burgers.
The Fennel Slaw is also great served chilled as an additional side dish for many BBQs and picnic dishes.
Happy 4th of July!