Snow Crab Claws are a true delicacy. The simplest preparations are the very best. Since the holidays are here and Christmas Eve is often celebrated with a feast of fish, why not add some sweet, plump and juicy Snow Crab Claws to your holiday festivities. All the work has been done for you since the crab has already been cooked. All you need to do is thaw the claws or lightly broil the them before serving.
I made a rémoulade that was slightly spicy. The spiciness of this sauce combined with the sweet flavor of the claw meat is a terrific combination. Of course, you can use the traditional drawn butter for dipping, but I like the rémoulade for a festive twist. So, this holiday season, try adding a new addition to your Christmas Eve spread or any holiday party.
Christmas Snow Crab Claws for all, and for all a Good Appetite!
1) Snow Crab Claws
• 24 Snow Crab Claws (feeds 3-4 as an appetizer)
• Carefully remove the package of snow crab claws from their box.
• Place on in a bowl and let defrost in your refrigerator overnight. Or, if pressed for time, put the package in a bowl and place under cold running water to thaw quickly.
• Once defrosted, carefully remove the claws from the package. Pat them dry and place on a large plate or medium-sized baking try lined with absorbent paper. Cover with more absorbent paper and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2) Franco’s Rémoulade Sauce (yield: 1/12 cups)
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon hot sauce (your favorite brand)
• 2 ketchup
• 1 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 shallot, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons capers, roughly chopped (optional)
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon mild paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less depending on how spicy you like.)
• In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, hot sauce, ketchup, garlic, scallions, capers, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper.
• Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavors to combine.
• Then serve or cover and store in the refrigerator.
• Remove from the refrigerator 10 -15 minutes before serving to awaken the flavors of the rémoulade.