Chilled cucumber and radish soup is a healthy and tasty to cool off on a hot summer day. The expression “cool as a cucumber” fits perfectly for this cold soup. With the addition of fresh dill, yogurt, and a little Dijon mustard it becomes a fancy restaurant treat that you can easily create in your own home. Remember to chill your soup bowls before serving. A chilled bowl will help keep your soup to stay chilled longer and keep it refreshingly cool.
Cucumber and Radish Soup
- 6 Hot House cucumbers, seeds removed and sliced into one-inch slices.
- 3 radishes, quartered
- 1½ cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Jerez vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toasted black sesame seeds for garnish
In a blender, combine the cucumbers, yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, dill, garlic, salt, honey, Dijon mustard, and vinegar. Blend until smooth and taste it to adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Serve in chilled bowls and garnish with radish slices, black sesame seeds, and a few drizzles of olive oil.