Mostly all people can relate something fun, happy and festive to cupcakes.
Just the thought of them makes most people smile and want to run out and buy some or better yet make them yourself.
The “good cheer” cupcakes can spread is for all ages to enjoy. They also create a very nice connection to what food is really all about.
Which is simply happiness!
Cupcakes are meant to be shared and bring happiness. This my friends is what food is all about from the perspective of “Grass Roots” cuisine. The spreading of happiness, in an uplifting and inspirational way.
Ask a bunch of children if they want to make cupcakes and you will get thrown back with overwhelming excitement and enthusiasm.
This enthusiasm is catchy and once the children light up with happiness over cupcakes the adults are soon to follow and this is the domino effect of happiness that is excitingly inspirational in every way.
These vanilla cupcakes with Philadelphia cream cheese icing are simple to make and absolutely delicious.
I highly suggest them for children parties. Making them with the children is always the way to go.
For those that do not know about “Philadelphia” cream cheese : http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philadelphia3/page?siteid=philadelphia3-prd&locale=uken1&PagecRef=597
As you could guess the cupcake itself is centered around the vanilla extract.
Take the leap and purchase a good one, it will make all the difference in the world in your final end result and spread that happiness just a little further: http://cooksvanilla.com/category/2/Premium-Vanillas.html?gclid=CMfu1e_d0akCFYeD5QodinN_OA
Vanilla Cupcakes & Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Flour (cake) – 1 1 / 2 cups (375 ml)
- Baking powder – 1 1 / 2 tsp (7 mL)
- Salt – 1 / 2 tsp (2 mL)
- Butter (softened) 1 / 2 cup (125 ml)
- Sugar – 3 / 4 cup (190 ml)
- Eggs – 2 eggs
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp (10 ml)
- Milk – 3 / 4 cup (190 ml)
Procedure: (for Cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a second bowl, beat butter until creamy and add sugar, eggs and vanilla. Incorporate all ingredients well.
- Add flour mixture and milk in several additions, to eliminate any lumps. Then mix well for approx. 2 minutes
- Fill muffin cups 3 / 4- full. (line with cup cake papers if using.)
- Bake about 20 minutes
The cupcakes should have a light golden color, and spring back to the touch when lightly pressed for doneness.
Philadelphia cream cheese topping:
- Philadelphia cream cheese – 300 g
- Icing sugar – 120 g
- Butter (soft) – 60 g
- Vanilla extract – 2 tablespoon
- Food color – 4 drops of color of your liking ( optional)
- Prepare the cream cheese topping, by mixing first the butter and icing sugar to get a butter cream
- Gently add the cream cheese., vanilla extract, dye(if using) and continue mixing for a homogeneous mix, but not over worked.
- The mix should be light and fluffy, at this stage stop immediately. ( can use electric mixer, or mix by hand)
- Place in the refrigerator, if necessary, to harden slightly for preparation.
- Once the cakes have cooled, fill a pastry bag with fluted cream cheese and decorate top of pastry to form a spiral and sprinkle with colored candy decorations.
Savor Life…One Bite…At a Time!