Many people don’t think of cookies when they hear the word ricotta. This recipe will definitely change your mind to that.
These soft Italian-style cookies are absolutely delicious and simple to make. Top them with the lemon glaze and you have a real treat!
You may never think of ricotta the same way again!
Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze
- 1/2 cup – Unsalted butter ( softened)
- 1/4 cup – Ricotta
- 1 teaspoon – Vanilla
- 1 cup – Sugar
- 1 – Egg (beaten)
- 2 cups – Flour (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon – Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon – Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend the butter and ricotta . This can be done by hand or in a stand mixer using a paddle attachment.
- Once this mixture has become creamy, add the vanilla and the egg.
- Now, add the dry ingredients slowly and let mix well
- Scoop out the batter with a teaspoon and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. These cookies are supposed to be soft so be careful not to over-bake them.
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed and strained)
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and the lemon zest in a bowl.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze liberally onto the slightly warm cookies.
- Let the glaze harden for about 2-3 hours.
Once the icing has set it’s time to enjoy these absolutely delicious Ricotta Cheese treats!