The type of pasta you uses for this sauce is very important as well. Typically you’ll want to use long pasta such as spaghetti, linguini, bucatini, etc. I personally like to use even thinner long kinds of pasta such as capellini or spaghettini. The perfect portion size is about two ounces of pasta per person. Also, I use about 1/4 a cup of extra virgin olive oil per person as well. I often like to spice things up in my cooking so in this recipe I added a little Calabrian chili pepper to give the dish a nice kick. But of course, you can leave the chili out of the dish. In this video, I show you some tips on how to make a delicious spaghettini aglio e olio using cooking techniques that I’ve picked up over the years. Enjoy!
VIDEO: Spaghettini Aglio e Olio
Here’s a quick recipe!
(serves 1 person)
- 2 ounces of spaghettini
- 3 cloves of crushed and quickly chopped garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley rinsed off and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water
- 1/2 tablespoon of chili pepper or red pepper flakes
- salt to taste